Wednesday, May 02, 2007

B'lore - My first impressions!

It has been a while since I blogged, but there is more reason than sheer laziness. We have made the big move to our home country!It has been a smooth landing despite B'lore not being our home city. It was not so long ago when I used to live( for a brief six months) in B'lore. Despite all the complaints about the city and the constant murmur about how it becomes worse with each passing day, I have to highlight some improvements that have happened in the one year while I was away.

I noticed 3 important roads that atleast 50% of the "IT crowd" ply by have improved.

- The extension of the 100ft. road on Indira Nagar all the way upto Koramangala is an amazing feat!
- Old Madras Road has been widened and extended though I don't think it has helped ease the traffic. I don't mean the area under the bridge but near the railway track close to CV Raman Nagar.
- The most impressive of the developments has been the much talked about Marathahalli bridge. Construction is still going on for one side of the bridge but there is definitely hope!

I can't vouch for the fact that traffic has easened by any of these developments(may be it has!) but I would have to make adjustments to my opinion about the progress of this city. My proposition that the city would come to a stand still one fine day 'very soon' stands corrected. The improvements have merely postponed it to some later date!

No comments: